Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Heartbeats from the Masters (Great Quotes on the Power of the Heart)


 

"If light is in your heart, you will find your way home." ~Rumi

"Sit with lovers and choose their state. Do not stay long with those who are not living in the heart." ~Rumi

"When the bud breaks, it becomes a flower. When the heart breaks, it becomes divine." ~Sri Sri

"Come, live in my heart and pay no rent." (Arabic proverb)

"The time has come to turn your heart into a temple of fire."
(Rumi)

"Mind is but a poor reflection of the radiant Heart." (Ramana Maharshi)


"My crown is in my heart, not on my head." ~Shakespear, Henry VI


"The way to create art is to burn and destroy ordinary concepts and to substitute them with new truths that run down from the top of the head and out of the heart." ~Charles Bukowski

"The souls ability to nourish itself lies in the heart." (Aristotle)



"The beginning of prayer is to let the mind descend into the heart." ('Philocalia,' Orthodox Church)

"An unawakened person sees only his mind, which is merely a reflection of the light of pure consciousness arising from the Heart. " (Ramana Maharshi)

"That which is false troubles the heart, but truth brings joyous tranquility." (Rumi)


"We have to study with our warm heart, not just with our brain." (Zen Master Suzuki Roshi)

"I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart: I am. I am. I am." (Sylvia Plath)


"The heart has reasons that reason cannot know." (Pascal)


"
If I create from the heart, nearly everything works; if from the head, almost nothing." (Marc Chagall
)

"What was said to the rose that made it open was said to me, here, in my chest." (Rumi)

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge." (Thomas Carlyle)


"Don't dismiss the heart, even if it's filled with sorrow. God's treasures are buried in broken hearts." (Rumi)

Hridayeh chitta-sanghattad
drishya-svapa-darshanam


"One who merges the mind into the heart-center perceives the external world as it truly is: a dreamlike projection of consciousness." (Shiva Sutras)

"Your heart and my heart are very very old friends." ~Hafiz

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge." ~Thomas Carlyle

"The message behind the words is the voice of the heart.... What was said to the Rose, to make it open, was said to me, here, in my chest." ~Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment