Thursday, December 19, 2013

Elemental Healing Meditation


    Mandala by Hildegard of Bingen, 11th C.

"You bring together and unite all things. From you clouds flow, wind flies, 
precious stones receive their qualities, streams are led in their courses 
and earth is refreshed in greenness." ~St. Hildegard of Bingen

I am made of Air, Air is my healing. Breathing fresh and deep and slow, down through my roots, up through the soft spot on my crown, my breath connects the earth and stars. "Thank you, Air, I love You."

I am made of Water, Water is my healing. Drinking fresh and deep and slow, feeling the rain in my belly, the mountain brook in my loins, the ocean surging in every cell of my body, I speak to the Waters, "Thank you, Waters, I love You."

I am made of Earth, Earth is my healing. Seated on a mossy forest stone, feeling my weight as a blessing, every ounce of me holy, hugged by the Mother, I surrender to gravity. "Thank you, Earth, I love You."

I am made of Fire, Fire is my healing. Standing in the Solstice sun, eyes closed, I see a sacred sparkling inside me. Draw seven breaths of radiance through my forehead down to my heart, I breathe light into my blood. "Thank you, Fire, I love You."

"Air, Water, Earth and Fire, You are medicine. I love You. As You have anointed me, so I anoint You with gratitude."

"Thank you," I heal the Air. "Thank you," I heal the Water. "Thank you," I heal the Land. "Thank you," I heal the Stars. With gratitude I heal You. With awareness I heal You

Amen. 
___________

Shamanism is whatever activates the human body as a link between earth and stars. Shamanism is whatever awakens the body's elemental powers, anointing bones, blood, tears and breath with the sparkling awareness I Am. Shamanism is the act of being conscious, and holding the whole creation in that awareness, as an offering, in gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment